I have been working in the computer industry since my first year of college back in 1997. I started managing databases in Access 2.0 and over the years expanded to full Microsoft SQL Server. While working on databases, I started installing and managing installations of Microsoft Small Business Server which includes Exchange Server.
In 2000, I moved to the Nashville area and started my own company to provide software and computer networking services to small businesses around the country with customers located in Florida, Tennessee, New Jersey, and Illinois.
In 2011, I moved back to my hometown of St. Petersburg, FL and have started a new company, IT for Small Biz LLC, to continue offering my talents and abilities to small businesses that need an outsourced IT department.
WINDOWS NETWORKING / MICROSOFT SERVER 2012 R2 (WITH ESSENTIALS ROLE)
- Received Microsoft’s certification as a Small Business Specialist in 2006.
- Provided managed services and rental computers so that small businesses could have the latest up-to-date software, unlimited technical support, and training for a fixed monthly service fee.
- Handle inquiries from end users regarding computer software or technical problems as well as instructions to operate more efficiently.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment. Act as liaison with manufacturers for warranty service.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
- Evaluate and recommend changes or additions to a department’s computer systems, using a substantial knowledge of information technology systems and methods, as well as knowledge of departmental operations.
- Provides server support and maintenance; uses various utilities to trouble-shoot, repair, and check configuration of servers.
VOIP PHONE SYSTEM
- Install and manage Voice over Internet Protocol phone systems to give small businesses the same powerful phone system features that large businesses spend thousands on for only a fraction of the cost.
- Interactive Menus
- Outbound calls routed to lowest cost provider per country/area code
- Connect multiple offices for unified phone system and communications
DATABASE DESIGN / ADMINISTRATION
- Created desktop applications that automated the paperwork involved in a small businesses daily routine and save office labor hours and prevent data entry mistakes. In one case, my software was able to turn a two day ordering process into a 20 minute job.
- Databases are able to automatically interface with Quickbooks or Peachtree to save invoicing and purchase order information without extra redundancy or the risk of typos.
- Created custom applications in Visual Basic to assist in managing the logistics of a warehouse with multiple daily inbound and outbound deliveries.
- Connect databases between multiple offices and enable staff to telecommute or access applications from a job site.
- Adapt existing database programs, spreadsheets, and other programs to best meet the needs of the company.